"Mental Health services"

About: Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire

(as the patient),

At this moment in time I feel really low and vulnerable. I need to be referred to psychology. I am banging my head against a brick wall and I cannot self-refer.

What do I need to get the help I so desperately need? Even my GP in Mansfield can’t get me the referral I need. It gets sent to the ‘SPA’ meeting, I think this is held in Newark and Sherwood Health Authority? I don’t know where to turn for help as when I feel desperate they refer me to the County Crisis Team and it doesn’t help as that is all about immediate care and I know I need psychology.

My neurologist says it would help with my epilepsy for which I have had surgery. Depression is part of my condition due to the epilepsy.

Jane was brilliant and listened to me.

I don’t know what to do. Please can you help me?

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››