"Suffering from chronic back pain"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / General medicine

(as the patient),

Over the last 8 years or so I have suffered from chronic back pain and what I have come to acknowledge as full body restless syndrome, after being referred to consultants at Lincoln, Hull, Grimsby, Kings Hill, and most recently QMC.

I am still no better off in terms of knowing why I have pain in my back or conformation of the restless syndrome. Most of the so called experts I have seen including the latest QMC arrange just one test and if that comes back ( normal? ) they just discharge me. No further investigation or examination.

If their car wont start and a mechanic tests the battery and says battery's ok mate and left it at that would they be happy? No they would want to know why it wont start and expect the mechanic to find out so why don't they play by the same rules.

Consultants are a bit like football players they don't have to justify their performance they get paid the same either way its just we, the suffers who get the poor end of the stick.

So now its back to see some other expert with the hope this will get sorted.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for dropping us a line. Without more details from you (name, address, NHS number etc), it is difficult for us to provide anything other than a general response.

We appreciate this won’t suffice, however, please do get in touch with us so that we can look into your case and respond more fully. If you wish to do so you can contact me directly on 0115 9249924 ext. 67184 or email sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk so I can refer you to the right person or team to address your concerns.

Kind regards,

Sarah Kennedy.

Patient Experience Officer.