"Try explaining your situation until you are..."

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I am 100% isolated. I have no one I can call on for help or support from anywhere.

Can I get this hospital or anyone one single member of its staff 'anyone for that matter within the NHS' to hear me?

No. Not one person has the skills to hear or to see something as obvious as hard facts placed before them that even though I try to help myself the best I can the NHS is totally ignoring me.

Appointments - I advise I truly have and I am unable to ask anyone for assistance getting to or from Thornberry for cataract surgery. Surgery booked at the ungodly hour of 07:00hrs 'not our problem' was terse response back off advisor that I was until that point 100% civilly speaking with. Heartless cold person may as well have said 'screw you mate' & I just terminated the call.

Then I took to posting this.

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Author

I was very saddened to hear of your poor experience and that you feel that there is nobody within the service who is willing to hear and assist you.

We do offer a Patient Experience service where our aim is to listen, understand and resolve dissatisfaction from patients and their carers and we can be contacted on telephone number 0114 271 1976 or by emailing pst@sth.nhs.uk

I would really urge you to contact us so that we have the opportunity of helping and trying to find a way around the problems that you are experiencing.

You could also contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy service in Sheffield who offer independent, free and confidential advice. They can be contacted on telephone number 0114 407 0081 or by emailing nhscomplaints@voiceability.org

Kind regards
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful