"I have been put of hospitals for life."

About: Frimley Park Hospital (Frimley)

My first midwife I saw was really nice and made me feel relaxed, but once they swapped to the 2nd midwife It was horrible. I had back labour so was in a lot of pain and I was made to feel like a nauseous. Was finally offered an epidural which took three different people to put it on after 4 attempts. Had my lb the next day after being taken into theatre - can't fault them there as they got him out quickly as he was stuck behind my pubic bone, lost half my blood but they were very caring and everyone made sure I was ok. Went to the ward and it was horrible, I had lost half my blood at this point and it kept going on my bed. When I had to keep asking for clean sheets I got sarky comments. When I had a blood transfusion In the night I had a rude midwife who didn't actually seem to care, I had to constantly press the bell. When I needed the toilet I asked a midwife If they could watch my son? Their reply was just go, you can leave him on the bed. 40% of the staff were lovely, the other 60% well I think they need some training on manners. Not going here again.

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Frimley Park Hospital

Dear Gemma Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry that we didn't get this right for you during your stay with us. We are really keen to learn from what has happened and would appreciate it if you could get in touch with more details. I would be grateful if you could contact our Head of Midwifery, Adrienne on adrienne.price@fhft.nhs.uk who will be more than happy to talk through the issues and concerns. Congratulations on the birth of your son, and thank you again for giving us feedback during this really busy time for you Kind Regards Claire Marshall Head of Patient Experience

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful