"My main problem is transport"

About: North Ayrshire Council - Irvine, Garnock Valley and Community Alarm

(as a service user),

I live in sheltered housing and I'm registered blind. The council told me I'm eligible to have a carer but I don't need one, I manage by myself.

My main problem is transport, I go to a blind club every 2 weeks, it's a great social afternoon but it's difficult to get there in winter and when it's wet. A few years ago transport was provided but now there is no funding and I need to get a taxi. I know this is a problem for a lot of people, not everyone can get there in bad weather.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Louise Davidson, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Good evening "needminibus"

Thanks you for your comments - I am glad you continue to manage independently within sheltered housing and that you enjoying attending a blind club regularly. If you would like me to request further assessment and assistance with transportation on your behalf can I please ask that you contact me on the telephone number detailed below

Kind regards

Louise (01294 310222)

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful