"Microdisectomy"

I was booked in for the above operation on the Monday 8th of June at 12-30 and was quickly taken to the pre op area where i had a blood pressure test and blood test , having been informed of the fasting time of six hours before, i had my breakfast at 6-00 am after the blood test i saw no one but a nurse who kept apologising for the delay and gave me a cup of water, i was then taken to another private room where after 1 hour waiting i was seen by an anaesthetist an eventually by the surgeon and went in for anaesthetic at five thirty , on recovery i can vaguely remember the surgeon saying something about a tear of the nerve sheath which after i recovered they came to my room and apologised for the mishap on their part but informed me that all was well as i had not had severe headaches ,after two days of agony which none of the painkillers would touch , on my request i was given a painkiller suppository and had considerable relief , and was told i could be discharged the next day at 10 am for which i arranged transport but on the morning of discharge i saw the physio who said it was o/k to proceed with discharge ,which after having to ask a nurse what was happening i was eventually discharged at 11 am so why it took from 8 pm on the previous day to be able to be discharged by 10 am was very frustrating , but this was the only complaints i had was the waiting to be seen and dispatch . The nurse were all wonderful and the food was excellent especially to have a hot cup of hospital tea .Would recommend this hospital 100% thank you to all .

Response from New Hall Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at New Hall Hospital.