"Undiagnosed for over 15 years"
About: Leicestershire and Lincolnshire Leicestershire and Lincolnshire
Posted by Female (as ),
For 15+ years I have been visiting the GP for various mental/physical issues including extreme fatigue, to the point of requesting/complaining an official diagnosis of whatever is wrong with me perhaps an auto-immune illness as it does run in the female line of the family.
Was told they do not like to "label" their Patients. However, the GP put this down to just Anxiety & Depression and refused a referral to the appropriate specialist. BUT is "Anxiety & Depression " a "label"? or are they Refusing to treat me, as this was my suggestion and trying to work WITH them not AGAINST them.
However, a recent visit to an Optician referred me urgently to the local Hospital, (not connected with GP) and within 30 minutes of appointment, suggested there is an auto-immune disease and further investigations are taking place.
• no diagnosis
• incorrect treatment
• there’s been an unreasonable delay in tests, diagnosis or treatment
• GP ignores important symptoms
• bad communication
• the behaviour of staff
• discrimination, not given proper treatment because of disability. This is against the law
• a refusal and unreasonable delay to provide information about medical condition
• refusal to make an appropriate referral to a hospital
• delays in passing on information to other professionals
• your GP doesn’t provide appropriate pain relief
• clinical negligence
So upset with all the issues going on - so changed GP's and hopefully will be given the long-awaited treatment I deserve. All I wish is to know what is wrong with me - is this too much to ask?
Let's hope that in future the GP's are unable to "hide" behind the Bureaucracy and be more accountable for their actions to their Valued Patients and Patients Opinions.