"Post care communication"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Clinical haematology

I was admitted to Hairmyres hospital in March this year following a suspected bleed in the brain. Unfortunately, there was a lack of communication as to what had actually occurred and whether I required any treatment. I was recalled approximately 3weeks later for an MRI, which I have received no results or further communication from.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Geo1

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience during your recent illness. I would be really keen to talk this through with you and help if I can. Can I ask that you get in touch with me directly. If you phone 01355 584485 with your contact details my secretary will ensure I get these.

Many Thanks

Susan

Response from Helen Mackie, Chief of Medical Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Geo1,

I am sorry you have not found the communication from the Hospital satisfactory following your admission and MRI scan. If you can get in touch with more information we can try and rectify this for you.

Contact 01355584485

yours sincerely

Update posted by Geo1 (the patient)

I wish to convey my gratitude, firstly to Cynthia who was very helpful and reassuring of my query. Next to Ms Friel who replied quickly and professionally. Finally, to Dr Mackie who responded in a prompt and professional manner. These responses have assisted enormously and given me piece of mind. I thank you all.

Dear Geo1

On behalf of Cyntthia, Dr Mackie and myself; you're very welcome!

Dr Mackie also asked me to confirm to you that she's now spoken to your consultant, as you discussed.

Thanks