"Need more help for child with tooth pain"

About: Kings College Dental Hospital / Dental medicine specialities

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter is suffering from ongoing tooth ache.

We were referred to Kings for semi-emergency treatment where some orange gunk was put on to the particular tooth which was causing the pain at that point. X rays were taken and we were informed that some teeth need to be removed and that the waiting time is at least 4 months. We were told to use Calpol etc when the pain returned and sent off home.

The pain hasn't eased up at all since then and we have had to continue with the pain killers continuously which is obviously not an option for 4 - 6 months (her nursery wont administer pain killers anyway so as soon as she has to go back we are in trouble).

Not sure what to do now. We just keep being passed from department to department without anyone actually helping us.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Cathy Varley, PALS Manager, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Parent,

Please consider contacting our Patient Advice and Liaison Service so that we can liase with the denatl department and see whether there is anything additional that can be done to speed up this process. Our email contact is kch-tr.pals@nhs.net

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful