"I don't know where to go next"

About: The Royal Liverpool University Hospital / Gastroenterology University Hospital Aintree / General surgery

(as the patient),

I am in my 50s and for two years now, I have had a lot of pain in my abdomen. And now, I just don't know were to turn right now. I have got my family up the wall. They don't know were to turn or help me. I have being under the Royal as I told you being under the Gastro, but last year I had a scan done which showed thickening of my bowel. It was done in the Spires on the NHS, then I went back to the same Gastro this year and who said 'I am not changing my opinon from last year. It can only get worse, but no one seems to want to be taken notice, but I am in pain. My bowels have changed. I know there is some thing wrong, but I just don't no were to turn. My Dr can't help because the hospital told me neuropathic pain. I saw the pain Dr, he said you can't get it in your abdomen now. I went back to Gastro, they have said chronic pain, so I have just being put under the pain team. I know I need the pain team now, but I know my own body. There is something wrong. I had my gallbladder out, which I thought would help, but it has not, but I wish someone would believe me there is something wrong. I keep going to casualty and I get sent home again. Wish someone would help, because it's getting me so stressed and that is what they're putting it down to and it's not. Please help me.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your comment. We would need to speak to you to get some more details from you so we can look into your care and treatment at the Royal. Please get in touch with our PALs team. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/2265, via PALS@rlbuht.nhs.uk or typetalk 18001 0151 706 4903/2265. Thanks.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Hi, and thank you for leaving a comment. We're really sorry to hear about your difficulty getting satisfactory treatment. We'd advise you to go back to your GP and request a further referral.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful