"Becoming a member of your local NHS"

About: Hull Royal Infirmary Hull Teaching PCT Newington Healthcare Centre

(as the patient),

I would just like to say that if anybody reading this has any problems with their sleeping, to keep going to see their G.P. and asking for their help, and to join their local NHS and become a "member".

This will enable them to have a small say in how their area's financial allocation from the Government is spent.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Engagement Section Assistant, NHS Hull

Dear Sleepless Chris Many thanks for posting your comments on the Patient Opinion website. It is good to know that you are lending your support to our campaign to enlist new Members who are interested in influencing decisions about the provision of health care in the local area. For those who are reading this and would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, all local health Trusts are recruiting ‘Members’. By becoming a Member you can receive advice on keeping yourself and your family healthy, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a Member, you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as little or as much as you choose. For more information please either emailor telephone 01482 675165.
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Update posted by Sleepless Chris-Hull (the patient)

Yes, its definitely a good idea to join your Local area Health Trust and have a say in Local Health matters.

May I say that I've been a Sufferer of Horrible "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, for Over a quarter of a century, and I still Havn't had a Correct diagnosis or help from the NHS. If this happens to any other NHS patient they can officially complain to their Local PCT, and if they don't get a proper diagnosis or treatment after that, they can contact the NHS Ombudsmans Service and tell me...

Best Regards