"Friendly staff, competent doctors"
About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill) / Diabetic medicine King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill) Diabetic medicine SE5 9RS
Posted by Eaten561 (as ),
1) What is good about this clinic?
a) Friendly staff, competent doctors
2) What could work for you better at this clinic?
a) Long waiting times. Very unpredictable when you may finish Very difficult to reschedule an appointment. Availability is very low even months in advance
3) Is there anything that could improve the experience of living with diabetes in between clinic visits (apart from the diabetes going away)?
a) Regular diabetes groups/evening drop downs. Possibility to submit blood sugars on line at intervals
4) How easy is it to contact the diabetes team for advice in between clinic visits?
a) Possible, via email, contacting diabetes nurses
5) What sort of contact would you prefer between visits (if any email/skype/face to face/ telephone) Why is it good?
a) Face to face if you can or email
a) Clinic was successful in getting for me a pulse monitor. Very knowledgeable about insulin pump therapy compared to other experiences I had in London.