"Ill husband with no diagnosis"

About: Hull Royal Infirmary York Hospital

(as a relative),

My husband has been ill now for over 2 1/2 years. We started off at York and have now been going to Hull to see a surgeon there.

My husband still does not know what is wrong with him. He started with an itch in his little finger and now his right side and left hand is numb. They thought it was a disc problem and removed the disc and he is now worse. No-one can tell us what is wrong. We cannot get anyone at Hull to contact us as they are busy all the time. We have had to ask for a 2nd opinion at Leeds.

I am disgusted with the NHS. We have been passed from pillar to post. My husband is 43 years old and can hardly walk. To get any pain relief he is drugged up to the eyeballs.

I feel really let down that no-one can give us a definite diagnosis of what's wrong.

My husband served 12 years in the army. No one seems to care about him.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Engagement Section Assistant, NHS Hull

Dear michfergie, Thank you for placing your posting on the Patient Opinion website. We are very concerned that you have been left without knowing where to go for further information or support. We would strongly recommend that you contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service for Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust on 01482 623065 or by email. They will help support, advise and hopefully resolve your concerns about your husband’s situation. Your conversations will be confidential and you will be treated with respect and empathy. NHS Hull has a clear commitment to veterans of the armed forces and their health needs. We are the organisation responsible for deciding how money is spent on local health services [also known as commissioning], ensuring those services are of high quality and meet local needs. We value all feedback and if you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on 01482 335409 or by email. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful