"Child in care in private housing"

About: Liverpool

(as a staff member posting for a carer/relative),

"My daughter is now a tenant looked after 24/7 by a provider (private) via adult social care. The property in which she lives is privately owned. Adult Social Care (via housing) pay the rent for several tenants, including my daughter, to a housing association who looked after the dwelling (normal housing association/tenant relationship). The total amount of rent paid is extremely high.

Would it not be made cost-effective for the Local Authority to purchase or own the properties in which cared-for people live? "

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››