"Relative access to visits"

About: HMP Nottingham

(as a relative),

I live in Brighton but my son is currently residing in Nottingham, I would like to visit more often but the expense is too much. Is there any financial support for families?

Moving to a more central location but not far from Nottingham as there are still family members there too would be better too.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Helen Smith 2, Head of Healthcare, HMP Nottingham Offender Health, Nottingamshire Healthcare NHS trust

Many thanks for your feedback and query. As a Health provider, we are not involved in managing visits. However, I have discussed your concern with a member of the prison management team who has advised that your son can apply for accumulated visits to a prison closer to home.

Additionally, there is a scheme call the assisted visitors scheme where the family can apply for funding towards the cost of travel to visit the prisoner here.

Information about the assisted visitors scheme can be found through the visitors centre.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story