"Carnkie Ward (Gastroenterology) - Superb"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

I was admitted on 28/06/14 for a fairly severe flare up of Crohn's/UC and was on the ward for 12 days. The care I received from everyone I met was absolutely first rate: professional, thorough and generally faultless, particularly those on Carnkie. The staff on the ward (including housekeeping, all of whom are simply lovely) made a painful and unpleasant stay tolerable. Thank you in particular to the night nurses (I think I bothered you more, as I was frequently awake and in pain in the night!) who despite being obviously run off their feet on several occasions never saw to any of the patients without a smile, and always had time to spare to listen to worries or offer support. I was very anxious prior to my stay, but I know now should I be readmitted I will be in safe hands with you on Carnkie. Thank you deeply. The NHS needs more people like you. Alex (SR1).

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We'll make sure they are passed onto the team.