"What to do about my concussion"

About: New Cross Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as the patient),

I banged my head and went to my GP. He told me I had concussion and if symptoms get worse, I should go to A&E. I started getting numbness on my forehead and cheek bone, with pulsating sensation on my head. Slurred speech at times. Irritation and sensitive to light. Numbness in my right hand and fingers, which is now getting worse and also getting numbness feeling in my foot. I'm struggling to do things and don't know how I will manage with work driving and I have a business trip planned for 1st October.

The Dr at hospital said that this will carry on for the next 3 weeks, he didn't even check look or feel my head or to see if I have a bump let alone send me for a scan. I suggested if there is any need for a scan he said no if there was any bleeding that we won't be able to do anything about it now. And I was sent home. Now I'm even more confused with what to do (excuse the pun). Do I go back to my GP or A&E?

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Deebee

Thank you for posting your comments. I was sorry to read that you are still experiencing problems. If you require further help or assistance, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison (PALS) on 01902 695362 who will be able to assist you further.

Kindest regards

Carol Bott

Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement