"My Colonoscopy"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / General surgery

(as the patient),

For several years I have been on the bowel screening programme through the “Eastern Hub” of the NHS.

At the beginning of this month I received my screening kit as usual, and returned it.

Two days later, a letter arrived informing me that an abnormal sample was found (minute blood) and asked me to send another sample, which I duly did. Within 2 days of sending this sample, another letter arrived to say it was still present, and an appointment had been made to visit the N&N for a consultation regarding a Colonoscopy.

On the day I arrived and met Christine she was delightful, courteous and explained everything and although several people had advised me not to go ahead, I decided it was the best thing, even if it was due to the medication I had been taking since my heart attack in March.

An appointment was then made.

From the moment I arrived, I was treated so well. All the nursing staff were wonderful and kind all the way to Ann Smith and of course Dr Hugh Kennedy who performed the procedure.

Would you please pass on to all of the people working in the Bowel Cancer Screening dept. my sincere thank you for all their help and support for the 3 hours I spent at the hospital, and once again any concerns and worries I may have had beforehand were soon dispelled by Dr Kennedy and ALL the personnel there.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Janice Bradfield, Senior Communications and Membership Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

We are delighted that you were well cared during your procedure and will pass on your feedback to Dr Kennedy and the team.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Update posted by Note105 (the patient)

Thank You... I would be very grateful if you would pass on my thanks to everyone.

I had a small problem last Tuesday whilst at work and phoned the dept. and I cannot express my thanks to the team that kept an eye on me for the rest of the day phoning etc. and even after I got home from work they continued to monitor me even into the next day.

Although I had nothing to worry about they kept me assured and confident that all was well, and they were right! I'm back to normal in every respect... Thanks to all there.. with best wishes...