"minimal effort to care for vunerable people"

My father stayed he. He was left by staff. When i visited him the doors were open so anyone could just stroll in or out. When i entered the hospital on one occasion there were no staff around and could not find where my dad was. When a staff member eventually came out of the office he asked 'who are you and why are you wondering around'. When i replied in an equally abrupt manner he showed me where my father was. The whole time i was there for 3 hours a majority of the staff sat in the office and one member of staff walked around ticking a form of some kind. Very little effort seems to go into the real care and interaction between staff and patients. My dad is in a very dark and lonely place and the staff seem to have very little time for him. Overall i think thus hospital needs to have some control over who is coming and going. During visiting times they should have someone meeting and greeting and signing people in and out ( even for fire safety measures) and more focus should be put into interacting with these vunerable patients.

Response from St George's Hospital

Many thanks for leaving your comments. I was sorry to learn of your experience when visiting our ward. In order for the Trust to progress in your comments in an effective way please can I ask you to contact the Trust’s Service Relations department on 01785 783022. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.