"Respect the patient"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery

(as the patient),

I would like to complain about the way i was treated when i was in hospital. I have been in and out off hospital for 7-8years with abdominal pains, which has been a strain in my marriage etc. ect. When i go in to hospital they put me on a drip and morphine for the pain.

I had a visit from a doctor on the Charldon ward in East Surrey hsp. He said that he will stop the morphine. I said i was not happy with that, because i was still in very bad pain. He said, i don't think it is stopping your pain and i will stop it now! I said that a different doctor has written a letter of what the doctors should do to me when i come in to hospital. He said i don't care what your other doc said, this is my ward not his, and if i want i could always move wards. I was very very angry and upset with this doctor and the way he spoke to me. I want to take this complaint further and get a written apology.


Response from Patient Opinion

Thank you for taking the time to talk about your experiences. I am sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time. I would like to recommend that you contact your local NHS Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for more guidance and help on this issue. They can be contacted on 01737 768511 ext 6922 or by email. They should be able to explain what further help you can expect to receive.
  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Recently read