"i sneeze and have a runny nose for 8 months of..."

About: Castle Hill Hospital

My hay fever and dust mite allergies are so bad that I have to let my nose drip into a box of tissues while sneezing my head off and my eyes water so much I look as if Im crying. .I asked my doctors for three years!! to allow me to be de-sensitised. He refused on the grounds that they didn't believe in de sensitising practices. I changed Drs and after 1 year with this DR and turning up box in hand dripping sneezing and eyes watering. I was finally put on the very long waiting list; nearly 1 year. I finally got my appointment and was then kept waiting for 4 hours!!!!I before given blood tests. When I returned to see the specialist 6 weeks later (only had to wait 2 hours this time), the specialist refused me desensitisation on the grounds that on the day of my appointment I was strangely well. The medicines that the specialist prescribed do not work and Im back to dripping and sneezing. I am 64 year old but I am otherwise fit Margaret Normington

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Castle Hill Hospital

Dear Margaret , Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware. If you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk . If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose. For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on telephone number (01482) 675165. Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services. Kind regards, Patient Experience Team Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful