"Still a long wait to see same consultant at PRH"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Respiratory medicine

(as the patient),

Need to see chest consultant. Have been in the past, signed off, but condition now worse. Still a long wait to see same consultant at PRH. Thought it better to see previous consultant than to go to a new hospital miles away from home.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Mask53

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TRAQS team.

I appreciate that there can be a lengthy wait within certain specialities to see the consultant..

I can understand that you would prefer to wait to see the same consultant now that your condition has worsened to ensure continuity of care and especially as the hospital will have your complete medical record available.

Unfortunately TRAQS can only offer appointment slots which the hospital has released to us and a lack of free appointments can cause delays for the patients who have to be placed onto a waiting list.

I am sure you can appreciate that as the availability of appointments is managed by the hospital it is outside TRAQS control.

I hope you will soon receive an appointment to be seen by the consultant of your Choice but in the meantime if you feel that your condition has worsened since you were first referred I would encourage you to speak to your GP. It may be necessary for the GP to ask the consultant to offer an earlier appointment if he feels that your condition has changed since the date of your referral,

Thank you again for taking the time to provide TRAQS with some feedback.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your care and treatment at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital. Our aim is to provide the highest standards of care for every patient, every time, and we are very sorry to hear your concerns about the care you received. Unfortunately the Patient Opinion website does not share your contact details with the Trust, so we would encourage you to contact us so that we can look into the issues that you have raised in more detail. The easiest way to do this is by calling our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01952 641222 or visiting their office in the main Entrance. They aim to: provide advice and support to patients, their families and carers; listen to your concerns, suggestions or queries; and, help sort out problems quickly on your behalf. If you wish to make a formal complaint then the PALS service will be able to provide you with more information about how to do this. You can also find out more on the Trust website at www.sath.nhs.uk/patient_information/complaints.asp. Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to provide feedback via the Patient Opinion website. We look forward to hearing from you so that we can look into the issues you have raised in more detail.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful