"I was stung by an while on holiday ..."

About: Alnwick Infirmary

(as the patient),

What I liked

I was stung by an while on holiday on Friday 29th August. I had a very severe reaction to it which caused me a lot of concern. When I arrived at Alnwick Hospital in a bit of a panic, I was put at ease by the friendly and efficient way the doctor and nurses dealt with me. I cannot thank them enough for their help. I know that they are trained professionals, but the way that a friendly "bedside manner" was used to put me at ease makes all the difference. I could go on and on. Just a very big thank you for all that was done for me on that day.

What could be improved

The tea machine in the canteen, I don't know if it was the way I used it but the tea was undrinkable.

Apart from that NOTHING.

More about:

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Alnwick Infirmary

Thank you very much for your kind comments as it is always good to hear when we give service above and beyond that expected. I will ensure those invovled get sight of your comments and hope that you are feeling better now.

We have also looked into the comments regarding the tea making facilities and have had the machine serviced. The quality of the tea appears satisfactory now.

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful