"Care for knee pain"

About: Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a service user),

Went to the doctors back in May, due to my knee playing up. He normally tries to extract any fluid then gives me a cortisone injection hardly any fluid came out at that consultation.

The injection only lasted a couple of weeks. Rang the doctors, he rang back and said it needs more investigation with MRI referral and knee specialist. Went for my MRI in August, had to wait until December to see a specialist at Gobowen. He said I need an operation to fix a torn cartridge and clear any debris.

During this time the trouble and pain has been bad but not excessive. I manage by using anti-inflammatory which I bought. I have not had any consultations refer to correct pain relief. The scale has been quite long too.

More about:
Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn about your wait to see a specialist at the RJAH Orthopaedic Hospital Foundation Trust. Our aim is to provide high quality services for all our patients. If you would like the issues you have raised looking into, please contact the Trusts’ Patient Advice and Liaison Service by telephoning (01691) 404606; by emailing PALS.office@rjah.nhs.uk or write to PALS Officer, the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY10 7AG

Updates, changes and questions related to this story