"Appalling service throughout"

About: Trafford General Hospital

Anything else?

On arriving the hospital, we asked for directions to a wards as the information received on the phone was that they think its in this ward, and reply we received from one of the nurse was I don't know! When we finally found the ward,they had no idea that I was coming in for surgery and my notes were in royal infirmary, it took 3 hours for my notes to come over, I was made to sit in a relatives lounge surrounded by people eating away while I hadn't eaten since the other day! When I finally got given a bed I had no pillow or blanket on there so wasn't able to try and relax. Anethiesist turned up and had no idea what I was having done and when I replied with what I was told I was having done I was told to be more specific. When I pointed out that my name was spelt wrong on all my paper work I was just told its fine. When I came for them looking up test results for something they couldn't find it.....because my name was spelt wrong. After the operation I was struggling to keep awake and felt really dizzy, I was moved to another ward as the ward I was on was closing. When at the other ward I was just being asked when someone was coming in to pick me up! Just felt like they were chucking me out and they didnt care about me. When I then asked for a sick note I was refused one and told that it would be posted out. I wasn't given any instructions on how to care for my wounds, how's to get dressed with my sling etc nothing. I was told a appointment had been made for my stitches to be removed in 2 weeks but wasn't given a date, when asked when and were it was I was just told I don't know . I rang the hospital a week later questioning where my sick note was as it still hadn't arrived I was told it would be posted out to me and would be a week! So that's 2 weeks of no pay! Curtousy of trafford general! And I also asked about my appointment and was told they would ring me with it! Think the service is appaling!

Updates, changes and questions related to this story