"Couldn't have done more for me"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

Anything else?

I had my first baby at the Royal Sussex County Hospital on 23 November 2013. I received fantastic care and support from all the staff I met throughout my stay during a busy weekend although there were a number of staff who were wonderful. I received fantastic one to one care whilst on the labour ward from a midwife and student midwife who did not leave my side throughout their shift. When I decided that I needed pain relief, I was supported to make this decision by a wonderful anaesthetist who ensured that I was as comfortable as possible and who visited me the following evening to check on my welfare and have a cuddle with my baby. Unfortunately I had to have an emergency c section however again in theatre I couldn't fault the professionalism and compassion of the staff. During my two night stay on the post natal ward, again the care from the midwives was amazing. I received an unexpected level of support overnight with my new baby from the nursery nurses and midwives who took care of him for a couple of hours so I could get some rest. They also gave me lots of support and encouragement around breast feeding. They couldn't have done more for me. Whilst not the birth I had wished for, the staff I met were unforgettable. I can't thank them enough.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you, so very much, for your kind and thoughtful words regarding the care you received at our hospital. I have shared your comments with the maternity team who were very pleased that their care made such a difference at such a special time for you.

Updates, changes and questions related to this story