"A good experience in children's A&E"
Posted by tiredbutrelievedmum (as ),
My 2 year old daughter swallowed some Karvol that my older daughter had left out by mistake yesterday.
I rang 111 and was advised to take her to Tameside, we were seen within 5 mins of arriving by the triage nurse and were taken to the paediatric section of A & E. All the staff there were very friendly and put my daughter at ease.
Unfortunately we had to wait to several hours to ensure that no adverse effects of consuming the Karvol developed, but the nurses (particularly Ruth the nurse practitioner) made sure we were comfortable and monitored my daughter closely the whole time.
I have been to Tameside A & E before and it was immediately obvious that they are working hard to make the experiences of the patients better.
Thank you very much Tameside. Myself and my family greatly appreciate your help!