"Had to find my own bed and didn't see anyone until 10pm"
About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics Royal Shrewsbury Hospital Trauma and orthopaedics SY3 8XQ
Posted by Sky444 (as ),
In February I had a new left hip replacement.
1) Dates and times of admittance varied hour by hour.
2) No available beds in Apley Ward until after operation.
3) Admittance to ward 10 was poor. Found own bed by locating name above it.
4) Saw no-one until about 10pm. So I didn't unpack - but got ready for bed.
5) Asked about 10:30pm if I would like toast and a cup of tea.
6) Patient in next bed asked for over an hour to go to the toilet - no-one came. Eventually I went to the desk and asked staff to come. 3 people in front of desk and two behind chatting. About 10 minutes later they came. The patient was quite fearful of me approaching them.
7) Saw 7 people sitting on chairs in ward after returning from my op. In Apley (day 2 or 3) a nurse asked me why I was looking at her as she came through the door - she said "it's because I'm black! ". Shocking.