"Total dissatisfaction"

About: Frenchay Hospital

Anything else?

My son is in Frenchay at the moment and I am totally unsatisfied, angry and upset with the lack of care and attention he is receiving.

More about:

Story from NHS Choices

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Frenchay Hospital

Dear Gerry – I am sorry that you are concerned about the care pathway being provided for your son, at what is understandably a very worrying time. I would encourage you to discuss your worries and concerns with the staff on the ward, and if you feel you have already tried this, then to ask for a meeting with the Matron, or Consultant, to express your fears. They will want to hear and understand your issues, and take appropriate steps to address these. Alternatively you can contact the Advice and Complaints Team (ACT) by telephone (a leaflet with the details is available on the ward, and at strategic points around the hospital, or you can follow the website link http://www.nbt.nhs.uk/patients-carers/feedback/concern-or-complaint) and we will be happy to get involved and facilitate addressing your concerns. Unfortunately on a purely practical level we do need your son’s details, and to understand if we need his consent, before we can assist. If this action fails to resolve your issues then of course ACT can progress a complaint on your son's behalf, but in the first instance it is obviously important to resolve your immediate concerns. Kind regards – Steve Sykes Advice and Complaints Team

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story