Guidance for students
Resources for staff and students to make full use of their particular Education Subscription on the site are mostly online and they can all be found here.
This gives all the information required for staff or students to get started with accessing the stories and responses on Patient/Care Opinion for their learning requirements. As we move forward with this work, with all our education partners, we will be building a reservoir of useful outputs from round the country. This will build on existing blogs, sample teaching assignments and learning tools that are already on the site.
1. The Patient and Care Opinion sites are fairly intuitive and easy to navigate. We have put together a series of short videos to explain what is available through your subscription.
2. Accessing real time patient, service user and carer on the twin websites (Patient and Care Opinion) will help you with all your learning objectives and public engagement needs. There will be other ways for you to learn directly from patients, but the advantage here is that you can find relevant stories and engagement on the site, wherever you are.
3. Each profession has a different focus. For example, nurses are required to demonstrate compassion as part of the 6Cs framework. If you enter 'compassion' in the search box, you will find patient stories that are 'tagged' with compassion. This will provide you with stories that demonstrate both care with and care without compassion.
4. Think about the site as something more than patient stories. This is about how public services engage with the people they care for, and how they both respond and improve services as a result of feedback.
5. Also use this for your own professional development. What does good practice look like in your own profession whether you are a student nurse, social worker etc? Students are already feeding back their experiences eg “Good communication with the patient and the multi-disciplinary team is absolutely essential and can’t be overlooked, it is a fundamental of providing the best care possible, this was further reinforced by practice placement experiences I had.”
6. Also use this to find out about the challenges of inter professional working and also the practice of other professions.
7. If you want to find out about some patient experiences in a placement site where you might be based or something similar, search for the service using our search box.
8. Do remember to log in as the Education Staff who work with you will be able to see that you have been actively using the website.
9. The third section on the right Student Nurse Opinion, is for those students who will feedback about their placement experiences. You will find guidance on the process of feeding back, information about moderation and as the work develops you will see a link to the feedback from student nurses.
For help with any part of using the website do e mail firstname.lastname@example.org with education as the subject or for any enquiries about the education work in general, do e mail email@example.com.