Version 2 API: migration
If you are migrating from our version 1 API, you may find it convenient to use our transitional API.
The transitional API allows you to:
- move to the new subscription-scoped model
- use the new API keys
- continue to use the version 1 content schema
- receive content as JSON, JSONP or XML
You can move to transitional API with minimal code changes in your application, allowing time for you to explore and understand the new version 2 endpoints and content.
Transitional API endpoints
The transitional API endpoints are available at
You will be able to continue to access data in the version 1 format, using the same parameters as in version 1.
The transitional API will be available until 31 March 2017. After this time, you must use the version 2 API.
To move to transitional API
First, contact us if you do not already have a subscription, and let us know your requirements. Once your subscription is set up:
- Access your API keys
- Authenticate your requests either with the Url key or the HTTP header key
- Update the endpoint uris
- Add an HTTP Accept header to explicitly set content to XML (application/xml)