This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

Scottish Government’s continued endorsement of Care Opinion

Update from Care Opinion Scotland

Posted by on

 

picture of Fraser Gilmore

Image title

We are absolutely delighted to announce that Care Opinion will be continuing our relationship with the Scottish Government, to provide a safe and simple way for the public to provide feedback to NHS health boards across the country.

National Clinical Director for the Scottish Government Jason Leitch had this to say;

“Care Opinion provides an independent way for people to give feedback about treatment and services provided by NHS Scotland.  It is vital, especially at this time, that all NHS staff can connect with the people they care for and hear how they feel about their experiences. What they thought worked and what could be improved. Care Opinion contributes directly to our vision for a person-centred culture of learning and continuous improvement in our healthcare services.”

In the last year alone, 4,696 members of the public shared their stories on Care Opinion, receiving more than 5,600 responses from staff and services across Scotland. Of these stories, more than 69% were completely positive, and staff were able to hear all of the gratitude on what they did well. The remaining 31% of stories that had various levels of criticality, gave services the opportunity to learn from the public on what could be improved. 

Care Opinion’s Executive Director and Head of Scotland Fraser Gilmore said;

“Since Care Opinion launched in Scotland, more than 28,000 members of the public have shared their stories about NHS Scotland services. We are very grateful to the Scottish Government for their ongoing support and we look forward to continuing supporting health services across the country to engage in and learn from feedback from the public.”

If you would like to share your story about your experience of health services in Scotland, head to www.careopinion.org.uk/tellyourstory 

No responses to this post

Would you like to respond?

There are 0 days left to respond