Online feedback in Quality Improvement
Tuesday 30 January, 10:30am - 3:30pm
Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount St, Manchester M2 5NS
We're excited to be holding our first staff workshop of 2018 in Manchester. And we're equally excited to be focusing on how online feedback can support quality improvement.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Shaun Maher, principal educator, Quality Improvement Team, NHS Education for Scotland
- Samantha Whelan, patient experience midwife, Royal Oldham Hospital
- Adele Bryan, interim general manager for Mental Health and National Learning Disability Directorate, Nottinghamshire Healthcare
- Laura Sheard, patient experience researcher, Bradford Institute for Health Research
- James Munro (me!), chief executive, Care Opinion
There is a growing view that the experiences of patients and carers have much to contribute to quality improvement work in health and care services.
And likewise, we are seeing more and more clinical teams in a wide variety of services (maternity, urgent care, endoscopy, learning disability, end of life...) using online feedback via Care Opinion as a stimulus to quality improvement. Our new Quality Improvement blog is a good place to keep track of emerging thinking in this area.
At this free staff workshop we'll hear from speakers using Care Opinion in QI: they'll be ready to share their ups and downs, learning and reflections, and to discuss with you how near real-time feedback from people using services can make a difference to QI.
We'll be discussing issues such as:
- How can people using services stimulate QI activity?
- Can people using services help design better services and solutions?
- How do we let people know when their feedback leads to change?
- How are people using Care Opinion to address these challenges?
The workshop will be a friendly and informal event, with plenty of opportunities for discussion, networking, and meeting members of the Care Opinion team. Lunch will be provided.
This workshop is free but spaces are strictly limited and advance registration is essential. To register your interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our first event of 2018: quality improvementOur first event of 2018: quality improvement https://www.careopinion.org.uk/resources/blog-resources/1-images/8efcb33530004eef9c286e29602c64d7.jpg Care Opinion 0114 281 6256 https://www.careopinion.org.uk https://www.careopinion.org.uk/content/UK/1/images/logos/po_header_logo.png
Update from Care Opinion
Posted by James Munro, Chief executive, Care Opinion, on
Thanks for your feedback.