"Feeling let down"

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital / Orthopaedics

I went to the Golden Jubilee Hospital and saw the consultant there for my knee replacements in January.  I had my pre assessment in March and was told my op would be within 3 months.  3 months had passed called again to be told it had been extended to 6 months.  In the meantime I am in constant agony, sleepless nights, was told I would need to stop my HRT which I have done since March so have all the symptoms of menopause to deal with.

I work in a local community hospital which is basically at the end of my road and I have to be picked up in the morning and dropped off when I finish work. I feel let down.  I do understand the pressures the NHS are under, but why do the pre assessment then let people down when they think they are eventually going to get relief from the pain they are in?

Response from Andrea Heatley, Risk and Feedback Facilitator, Clinical Governance, NHS Golden Jubilee 2 weeks ago
Andrea Heatley
Risk and Feedback Facilitator, Clinical Governance,
NHS Golden Jubilee
Submitted on 03/08/2022 at 16:01

Dear Rosie Posie 58,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you have cause to raise concern regarding your experience with the NHS Golden Jubilee (GJ).

In order for us to look into this matter for you, can you email us at feedback@gjnh.scot.nhs.uk.

I am again, very sorry for your experience and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards