"Wonderful and Caring Staff"

About: Daisy Hill Hospital / Gynaecology/Female surgery Northern Ireland Ambulance Service / Emergency ambulance response

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I arrived in the hospital on Tuesday and I honestly cannot wait until I get out and home. I fell and my daughter phoned the ambulance for me. The paramedics were lovely and full of craic. They were able to carry out their job in a professional manner while making me feel at ease by cracking jokes. They also really know their stuff - one of them was thinking aloud and said that he though I broke some bones in my wrists, I can’t remember which ones, but those exact bones were broken when x-rays where taken in the ED.

My time in the emergency department was very good. I wasn’t waiting too long and while it was quite busy, most patients were seen rather quickly. I just think that given how busy the department is, it must be very hard for the staff to deal with and treat.

I absolutely love the female surgical ward. Everyone is lovely. They are all so professional and patient with everyone they interact with. I don’t know how they manage to stay calm all the time and not lose it with their patients, especially those patients which can be difficult. The food is ok as well, it is quite nutritious. Overall the environment on the ward is quite good. Sometimes it can be hard to sleep at night as it can be quite noisy.

Response from Neil Gillan, Co-Production & Partnership Lead, Quality, Safety & Improvement, NI Ambulance Service last week
Neil Gillan
Co-Production & Partnership Lead, Quality, Safety & Improvement,
NI Ambulance Service
Submitted on 01/08/2022 at 15:18

Dear fioew57,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback and for detailing your experiences from the ambulance, to ED, to the Female Surgical ward. I am so reassured to hear that the NIAS staff were lovely and full of craic and put you at ease whilst carrying out their job in a professional manner. I do hope your wrist is mending well.

Best wishes