"Gynaecology - urgent referrals waiting months for treatment"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Gynaecology (Ward 49) Royal Alexandra Hospital / Gynaecology (Ward 32)

My GP referred me for an urgent scan in March 2022 following symptoms linked to gynae cancers.  Also to rule out anything sinister in order to start HRT to help with severe symptoms linked to post menopause.  I had also had a post menopausal bleed.

It appears from dealing with (very helpful) waiting list coordinators that women with a similar urgent referral from July 2021 are still waiting to be seen.  Like many, I deal with significant pain and other symptoms.  I don’t know if I have a cyst or other issues or how long I will need to wait.

As a full time, unpaid carer for my disabled husband, chronic pain and worry about what’s going on, this wait is awful.  How many cancer cases will be missed?  How many women are having to endure debilitating symptoms whilst they wait to be seen?

Response from Isabel Traynor, Lead Nurse, Gynaecology/Assisted Conception Services, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde last month
Isabel Traynor
Lead Nurse, Gynaecology/Assisted Conception Services,
NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
Submitted on 01/07/2022 at 09:48

Dear LynnWill

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I appreciate it must have been very difficult for you to write this.

I am sincerely sorry for your experience, the delay in your clinic appointment and for the adverse impact this has had on you. I would be keen to try and discuss this with you. My email address is: Isabel.traynor@ggc.scot.nhs.uk I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes