"Treatment from staff has been very well"

About: Craigavon Area Hospital / 4 South Surgical (Progressive Care) Craigavon Area Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I came to the hospital on Monday, and came through the emergency department. The emergency department was very busy although the wait wasn’t really that long. The staff in ED were great, and I had no issues in there.

I came up to the ward shortly after, the treatment from staff has been very well. The facilities are all very clean, I just about have enough room as I’m in a side room with 2 others and my bed is kind of just squashed in.

The food has been lovely and I think the menu has good options to choose from.

I don’t think there needs to be anything done to improve the ward or hospital itself, I’ve had a great experience so far.

Response from Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate, SHSCT last week
Tracey McGuigan
Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate,
SHSCT
Submitted on 23/06/2022 at 13:02

Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse SEC, SHSCT

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent hospital admission to ward 4 South.

As Lead Nurse for 4 South, I thank you for your very kind words about the nursing care you have received. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Team.

I hope you recover soon.

Kind Regards

SHSCT
Submitted on 23/06/2022 at 20:32
Published on Care Opinion on 24/06/2022 at 09:21

HI

Thanks so much for taking time to give feedback on the care you received on ward 4 South. Firstly I apologise that there are 3 of you in the side room, with the increase of patients and capacity it's they only outcome we can manage.

I am delighted to see that this hasn't dampened the care you have received. As the ward manager of 4 south, our team aims to provide high quality, safe care at all times.

I will ensure the nursing staff receive your kind feed back.

Thanks