"Food not to my taste"

About: Craigavon Area Hospital / 4 North Surgical Craigavon Area Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I’ve lost track of time on how long I’ve been on this ward for, it’s been too long anyway. I drove over myself to the hospital due to a problem with my hand. It was a Sunday and when I arrived to the emergency department it was very busy, there was lots of patients waiting. Although I don’t think I waited too long to get seen by a doctor, It was a few hours maybe.

Everything on 4 north has been absolutely brilliant all the staff up here are very nice I enjoy speaking to them throughout the day. I don’t like the food at all as I think it’s just too much and not what I usually would eat at home. Therefore my husband brings up some small fresh pasta dishes which I would much rather. I feel as if the foods always the same, and often find that the same meals offered for lunch and for dinner, so maybe there could be more of a selection.

I haven’t been using the toilet facilities as the nurses are just helping me at the moment, although the bay I am in is kept fairly clean apart from the other patient’s belongings lying around it. I suppose having a toilet in the bay would be good for the patients although then that means there would be less room for patients that are in need of a bed. So it may just take up someone else’s space who needs one.

Response from Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate, SHSCT last week
Tracey McGuigan
Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate,
SHSCT
Submitted on 15/05/2022 at 17:49

Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse SEC, SHSCT

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent hospital admission to 4 North.

As Lead Nurse for 4 North, I thank you for your very kind words. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Team.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards