"My time on 4 north"

About: Craigavon Area Hospital / 4 North Surgical Craigavon Area Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I’ve been in the hospital for 2 weeks now, I was brought over to the emergency department by my partner. I waited 12 hours down in ED before I was given a bed on the ward, which was too long in my opinion. Everything up on 4 north has been okay the staff are all great and I don’t feel as if they need to improve in anyway. I think the food is absolutely terrible, it’s just not very nice at all it has absolutely no taste what’s so ever. I think the foods needs to be seasoned a bit more before they give it to the patients. There is also very limited fruit and vegetables available, one day I actually asked for a banana and apple and just never received them. I just think this really needs improved as how is it supposed to help sick patients get better, if there not giving out good freshly made food.

I’ve had a few issues with the toilet facilities one day they were in a very bad state and I couldn’t even use them it was that bad I had to ask the staff 3 times and just got ignored relatedly, which was very annoying. I think the idea of replacing one of the beds in the bay and changing it into a toilet is a brilliant idea. As it would be lovely to have a toilet closer and that only the people in that bay can use and look after.

Response from Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate, SHSCT last week
Tracey McGuigan
Lead Nurse Surgery, Craigavon Area Hospital, Acute Directorate,
SHSCT
Submitted on 15/05/2022 at 17:50

Tracey McGuigan, Lead Nurse SEC, SHSCT

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent hospital admission to 4 North.

As Lead Nurse for 4 North, I thank you for your very kind words. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the Team.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards

Tracey McGuigan

Response from Emma McCann, Ward Manager 4 North, Acute Directorate, SHSCT yesterday
Emma McCann
Ward Manager 4 North, Acute Directorate,
SHSCT
Submitted on 23/05/2022 at 16:18

I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your kind words mean a lot to the team in 4North.

As Ward sister I will ensure this feedback is shared with the entire team.

Best wishes