"Poor reception experience"

About: The Lawson Practice

One of the receptionists I find to be one of the the most hostile and belligerent people I have ever come across. The Practice has some of the most amazing and very kind helpful receptionists one could ever wish for, When I have this particular receptionist on the phone, my heart sinks as I find them to be so rude and belligerent and to have a very bad habit of interrupting someone when they are speaking. I have witnessed this myself on a number of occasions when at the Practice, and felt very uneasy about the way they respond to patients.

I recently rang the Lawson Practice to enquire about an email I sent two days previously, thanking my GP for their support with a medical complaint. In the email, I also mentioned that I would like my GP to prescribe a 2 month's supply of a medication which has been very helpful and improved my symptoms immensely as the 1 month medication supply I was issued with was finishing in a couple of days time.

The receptionist I found to be very belligerent again when I asked whether my GP had received my email, and also whether the medication had been prescribed or not. In my view this receptionist has an attitude problem and I think they would be better of working somewhere else and not for the Lawson Practice which is one of the best Medical Practices in East London.

Response from Deborah Colvin, GP, The Lawson Practice, The Lawson Practice 3 months ago
We are preparing to make a change
Deborah Colvin
GP, The Lawson Practice,
The Lawson Practice
Submitted on 14/02/2022 at 11:37

Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like there a problem that needs to be put right.

Are you able to speak to our manager about this so that we can investigate further and ensure that this member of staff receives some feedback and if needed, extra training so that we can improve things?

We do want to make sure that everyone feels safe and comfortable and able to approach reception so please do contact us about this. With your help we can change this.