"Disappointed "

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

The ambulance and paramedics were amazing, it was only until we got to the hospital we were sitting for nearly two hours and not acknowledged at all. My son is 3 years old nearly; he was struggling to breathe, lips were purple. I was extremely worried for him at this point.

Also we were told we were going to be given a covid test upon arrival at the hospital, which didn’t happen either, and before my sons diagnosis I thought he might have covid and I said this, no one tested us, I also said I had none left at home so I couldn’t even test at home.

He was diagnosed with croup and prescribed steroids. Which has helped massively. I just have to hope right now it’s not covid 19, otherwise how do I know weather to isolate? He’s always around other people, being at pre school and mixing.

I hope this is taken into consideration, as this is a hospital and supposed to stop the spread of coronavirus.

nhs.uk logo

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital last month
Medway Maritime Hospital
Submitted on 14/12/2021 at 07:12
Published on nhs.uk at 09:33

Dear Paige,

thank you for your comments about your son's recent visit to our hospital. We are really sorry that you have some concerns and welcome the opportunity to discuss them further to understand a bit more about what happened. If you would like to contact our PALS Team on medwayft.pals@nhs.net we can assist you.

In the meantime we hope that your son is recovering well from being unwell and extend to you our very best wishes.

kindest regards