"Excellent ambulance crew & ED staff"

About: Altnagelvin Area Hospital / Emergency department Northern Ireland Ambulance Service

I had a bad fall this morning at home and needed to call the Ambulance service. Less than 10 minutes later the crew arrived. Manus & Colin were fantastic throughout from settling me to their assessment, treatment and transfer to the ED. Both are an absolute credit to the service!

On arrival in the ED I was promptly triaged and despite the wait (ED busy as usual but this is to be expected) I was assessed by Daniel, one of the ED doctors and then had xrays.  Both Daniel and the team in Xray were fantastic. Daniel was able to identify a more significant injury than first thought but communicated and explained this really clearly, putting me at ease. Like the NIAS Crew the ED staff were excellent.

These staff reflect so well on all of the professionals in the wider health service! Well done!

Response from Amanda Sweetlove, NIAS, Northern Ireland Ambulance Service last month
Amanda Sweetlove
NIAS,
Northern Ireland Ambulance Service

Service User feedback

Submitted on 01/12/2021 at 17:11

Dear JimC3661

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. From what you have described it must have been one heck of a tumble!

It is extremely important to us that our service users receive the best of care. It sounds as if Manus and Colin worked extremely well together bringing a sense of calm and reassurance to you whilst administering the appropriate clinical treatment. "Both are an absolute credit to the service" is high praise indeed and I know how much it would boost their morale to hear such appreciation and accolade for their work.

I would very much like to share your compliments with them however would require a few extra details to enable me to identify and locate them. If you would be prepared to discuss this further, please contact me on amanda.sweetlove@nias.hscni.net

I hope you are feeling much better and enjoy a full and speedy recovery.

Kind regards