"Very happy with care"

About: Altnagelvin Area Hospital / Acute Medical Unit (AMU) Altnagelvin Area Hospital / Emergency department

I was in Acute medical ward Altnagelvin Hospital last month. Granted I had a long wait in A&E for a bed and can't fault the medical or nursing care. System clearly under pressure but staff remained professional throughout. AMU ward very clean well run and pleasant staff who introduced themselves. Very happy with care and treatment 💯

Response from Breidge McGavigan, Ward Manager, Acute Medical Unit (AMU) Unscheduled/ Emergency Care, WHSCT 2 months ago
Breidge McGavigan
Ward Manager, Acute Medical Unit (AMU) Unscheduled/ Emergency Care,
WHSCT
Submitted on 21/11/2021 at 16:00

Dear Positivity 2021,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the care you received in our unit last month.

I am so glad to hear that you found the ward clean and well run. The staff will be delighted to receive positive feedback regarding being pleasant and introducing themselves as it is something that we pride ourselves on.

As the ward manager, I am very proud that you are happy with the care and treatment you received.

I hope you are recovering well.

Best wishes

Sr Breidge Mc Gavigan

Response from Laura Dalzell, Deputy Ward Sister, Emergency Department Altnagelvin, Western Health & Social Care Trust 2 months ago
We are preparing to make a change
Laura Dalzell
Deputy Ward Sister, Emergency Department Altnagelvin,
Western Health & Social Care Trust
Submitted on 23/11/2021 at 12:57

Dear Positivity 2021,

Thank you very much for taking time to share this experience regarding your recent visit to Altnagelvin Emergency Department.

I would like to apologise for the long wait in which you had on getting a bed. However, I would like to thank you for praising the care and professionalism in which you received from both medical and nursing professions. I will ensure I share your feedback with staff and I can assure you they will be thrilled to hear these comments.

I hope you are recovering well.

Thanks again