"Long wait in A&E"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

I arrived at A&E at 7 pm and was booked in a told to sit and wait to be called.

A triage nurse took my details within 10 minutes of waiting, so far so good. I then sat and waited 3 hours before a doctor called me in. My bloods were taken by a nurse and I was told it would be an hour for the results to come back. In fact I waited another one and a half hours. Maybe if they had taken the blood while I was waiting to see a doctor my waiting time could have been reduced considerably. I was asked to produce urine in a small cardboard container and walk from the toilet to reception desk past waiting area. The cardboard container was leaking. I didn’t think this was a very hygienic way of doing things.

The drinking water container either wasn’t working or was empty. There were a couple of small empty jugs next to it. A patient took the jugs to reception and asked for them to be filled. At midnight an auxiliary came round with a tea trolley, which was much appreciated by everyone. I eventually left A&E at around 12.30am.

Response from Jennie Negus, Head of Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust last week
Jennie Negus
Head of Patient Experience,
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 14/09/2021 at 15:56

Dear craterrq46

We want you to know that we are very grateful for your feedback; unfortunately our services are under significant pressure at the moment with many staff redeployed from their usual roles to help out and this is likely to mean a delay in our response. We apologise for this but want to assure you we will come back to you. Thank you again.

Jennie