"Covid vaccine"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Covid Vaccination Programme

Made appointment ahead of time. Had to queue with others who had made appointment for 1hr 15 mins. Walk ins however were sent straight to the front of the queue!

What’s the point in making an appointment?!

Response from Lisa Townsend, Patient Experience & Involvement Lead, Patient Experience Team, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust 4 days ago
We have made a change
Lisa Townsend
Patient Experience & Involvement Lead, Patient Experience Team,
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust

I take patient feedback and work with all departments at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust to improve the patient experience

Submitted on 23/07/2021 at 14:11

Dear NSwan

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your comments to Andrea Bell, Deputy Chief Nurse and she has asked me to relay the following to you:

“Thank you for your feedback and firstly can I apologise for the long waits that you experienced on Sunday. This was compounded by a large amount of drop ins and a clinical incident which delayed things. We undertook some rapid learning and on Tuesday split our queuing system to ensure that those who had booked wouldn’t be disadvantaged. It is only in the last week that we have experienced queuing at the centre and our volunteers have been doing their best to keep people waiting in the shade and hydrated. Thank you for taking the time to feedback and again I am very sorry for the long wait that you experienced”

We appreciate the opportunity to improve our services based on your experience so once again, thank you for your feedback.

Best wishes