"cardiology ward"

About: Craigavon Area Hospital / 1 North Cardiology

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I spent 8 hours in the emergency department. It was not a pleasant experience.  The staff were doing their best but it was just chaotic. I was offered food and water while I was waiting which was good. It is far too warm in there though. It makes you feel worse. I felt reassured when they told me what was going on.

The staff have been very good and kept me well informed. I am comfortable asking questions to make sure I understand.

It is pretty warm in this ward too but pulling the blinds down helps keep the sun from shining in.

The food is alright and the toilets and ward is clean. I couldn't think of any changes I would make apart from fixing the door to my room as it won't close properly.

Response from Andrew Dines, Head of Service, Domestic, Catering, Portering and Security Services, Southern Health & Social Care Trust 5 days ago
Andrew Dines
Head of Service, Domestic, Catering, Portering and Security Services,
Southern Health & Social Care Trust
Submitted on 22/07/2021 at 16:38

Thank you for posting regarding your recent experience.

I will pass your positive feedback to the Catering and Domestic Teams. I will highlight your room door to the ward manager, so this can be reported to estate services for repair.

Many thanks