This is Care Opinion [siteRegion]. Did you want Care Opinion [usersRegionBasedOnIP]?

"Back On Track Team"

About: Back on Track (Hammersmith and Fulham IAPT)

(as a service user),

I self-referred for my mental health issues. After weeks of waiting to hear from them, I got a letter saying that they had tried to contact me and were discharging me because they hadn't heard from me. 

This is disgusting. They never tried to contact me, they just discharged me and told me I would need to refer myself again.

Inevitably, this will result in them ignoring me and discharging me again because it's easier to send a mail merge rejection letter than it is to actually try and contact people.

I felt like I was better off attempting suicide to get hospitalised then waiting for these people to reject me. That's what I have to resort to.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››


Response from Paul Gibbs, Patient Experience Lead, West London NHS Trust 6 months ago
Paul Gibbs
Patient Experience Lead,
West London NHS Trust
Submitted on 08/07/2021 at 16:49
Published on Care Opinion at 19:22

Thank you for leaving this feedback and alerting us to this issue. We are sorry to hear that you were not contacted before you received a discharge letter from us.

Normally, our administrative team make contact on a number of occasions by telephone or by SMS to book an appointment. The telephone call does come from a no call ID, so it might not have been immediately obvious that it was Back on Track. If they are unable to get through to the individual a message is left with a deadline. Once this deadline has passed, they do then send a discharge letter. It seems that this was not your experience and this is concerning.

We would like to look into this further and I would encourage you to make contact with Back on Track on 0300 123 1156 so that we are able to look into what has happened and support you to access the right support for you if you wish to proceed with this.

If you would like to speak to someone outside of the service then you can also contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 064 3330. Or you can make a formal complaint by contacting or 020 8354 8174. There is more information about how to make a complaint and how we will respond to complaints on this webpage

  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful
Next Response j
Previous Response k