"Discharged without seeing anybody"

About: Derriford Hospital / Accident and emergency Livewell Southwest

I presented myself at A and E yesterday in a state of extremely poor mental health. I was hallucinating, depressed and suicidal and asked to speak to the mental health team. Whilst on the phone to my GP two staff members walked towards me and stopped so I moved in to let them pass. They didn’t pass me but instead just looked at me for approximately 10 more seconds then turned around and left. I had no idea who they were but was told two hours later that I had to leave as I had been discharged. Confused I asked why I had been discharged when I hadn’t seen anybody yet. They told me that it had been recorded that I was non-compliant and refused an assessment from the mental health team! Desperate for help I pleaded with them to let me see them but instead they got two security guards and two nurses to tell me I had to leave. I felt threatened and humiliated and left the department sobbing like a baby. Two police officers outside helped talk to me and calm me down and tried to get them to consider seeing me but instead they followed me back outside (with security) and continued to be rude and hurtful towards me. This resulted in the police having to take me home to ensure my safety, and a night of crying, hallucinating and feeling suicidal for me and my family to have to endure!