"Endoscopy unit"

About: Castle Hill Hospital / Upper gastrointestinal sugery

I attended the endoscopy unit at Castle Hill hospital yesterday feeling quieter nervous and worried about the procedure. A nurse greeted me and went through the procedure and although I was intent on having sedation she convinced me that a throat spray would be fine less risk and could be going home within 20 mins. I met the consultant and nurse that would be with me during the procedure and everyone was very kind and professional.  I was amazed all finished and sitting up again within 4 mins No after effects and would advise anyone to not have sedation .Thank you team you were wonderful.

Response from Andy Lockwood, Head of Patient Experience & Engagement, Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust 3 days ago
Andy Lockwood
Head of Patient Experience & Engagement,
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Submitted on 20/06/2021 at 22:16
Published on Care Opinion on 21/06/2021 at 10:48

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Endoscopy Team at Castle Hill Hospital.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065

• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services

Kind regard