"Causeway Phone first"

About: Accident & Emergency / Phone First Causeway Hospital / Gynaecology

Felt very unwell tonight- had waited for a gp telephone slot for days. Finally got gp near 5pm today and nothing could be done at this time. I tried to hold off and wait until the next working day to go get some bloods done. My symptoms got worse, breathless, fatigue, faint & dizzy. After much consideration used the phone first service and received an immediate call back from a triage nurse.

I attended ED at appointed time- observations recorded and seen in a very short space of time. I was met with nurse? Anna so helpful and understanding. In waiting room I sat a short time before being introduced to nurse Tina - excellent nurse, great cannulation and venepuncture and I have been told I usually have poor access.

After a short time I met Dr Harry- he couldn't have been more helpful and got me in touch with speciality I needed. I was swiftly taken to ward by very pleasant porter in dark green? Supervisor and then to the ward were I was great by a lovely Dr? Farah and lovely staff.

Everyone from beginning to now fantastic, compassionate and a true credit to their profession. If Emergency department used as intended the patient journey is smooth. Well done causeway ED and gynae ward! ! Couldn't praise you enough.

Response from Barbara Strawbridge, Lead Midwife, Northern Health and Social Care Trust 4 weeks ago
Barbara Strawbridge
Lead Midwife,
Northern Health and Social Care Trust
Submitted on 27/05/2021 at 17:37

Dear plutonc59

My name is Barbara Strawbridge and I am the Lead Midwife for Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Causeway Hospital. I am delighted to hear that your experience in Causeway ED and subsequently Gynae ward was a positive experience with staff showing you compassion and empathy throughout your journey through the service. I am glad the staff were able to get you sorted and hope you are now on a road to recovery. I will pass on to the Gynae staff your appreciation for the care they gave.

Best wishes

Barbara

Lead Midwife Obstetrics and gynaecology Causeway Hospital

Response from Natalie McLaughlin, Assistant Clinical Services Manager - Emergency Medicine, Minor Injuries Unit, Northern Health and Social Care Trust 2 weeks ago
Natalie McLaughlin
Assistant Clinical Services Manager - Emergency Medicine, Minor Injuries Unit,
Northern Health and Social Care Trust
Submitted on 08/06/2021 at 09:36

Hello Plutonc59

My name is Natalie McLaughlin and I am the Assistant Clinical Services Manager for ED in Causeway.

I am sorry to hear you had to avail of the Emergency Department due to felling unwell, however, I am very glad that you have taken the time to post your feedback about your experience, and your journey about your attendance to the ED.

It means a lot to staff to hear patient's comments, and allows staff to know they continue to deliver compassionate, efficient care. I will ensure the staff you have named are made aware of your kind words, and your feedback will also be shared at our Governance meeting.

I wish you a full recovery, and hope you are back to full health very soon.

Kind Regards